Dear Valued Patients:
We are pleased to announce that we now offer telemedicine visits at our practice. Our providers will offer the same excellent care to you in the comfort of your own home.
To determine if a face-to-face visit or telemedicine visit is appropriate for you, please call our office at: 610-983-3980, so that we can assist you with your options.
Regarding the Coronavirus:
Patients who have appointments should know that all operations continue as usual. Our practice remains at the ready to provide quality care to all our patients.
As confirmed cases of Coronavirus are appearing closer to our area, we want to share with you how we are taking steps to provide the safest environment for our patients and staff.
We are closely following the CDC (Center for disease Control) recommendations.
We request that you also join our effort to keep a safe environment for everyone.
- Clean your hands regularly. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly after you have been in a public place, have blown your nose, coughed, or sneezed.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
Our office cleans and disinfects throughout the day, including all surface areas that are touched.
We ask that patients do not come to the office if you have any of the following:
- You feel sick, have a fever, or have been consistently coughing.
- You have traveled outside of the US in the last 14 days.
- You have been in close contact with anyone who has traveled to any area that has experienced the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
We appreciate your assistance in helping us to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff.
- Preventive Dermatological Health Care
- Cosmetic Consultations and Procedures
Please have your insurance information available when scheduling your appointment!
We accept most public and private insurance plans. Please verify with your insurance company that our providers are credentialed in your network. A list of insurances we do not accept is located on our contact page.
Please print and fill-out our new patient paperwork located on our contact page to bring with you to your first visit. You will also need: your own insurance card, photo ID, and a list of your medications. If your insurance requires a referral, it is your responsibility to obtain one prior to your visit.
For Billing Inquiries, feel free to email our Billing Department: [email protected]